Littmann Stethoscopes Review
Stethoscopes are very important for doctors, and a doctor is incomplete without a stethoscope. Various companies produce stethoscopes, but only a few are famous among doctors. A very famous stethoscope brand is the Littmann.
The stethoscopes of the Littmann brand are famous, and there is hardly any doctor who don’t recognize this brand. Littmann stethoscopes got their name after the innovations made by Dr. Littmann, who was a doctor at the Harvard Medical School.
He has also developed and improved the design and features of stethoscopes, and now stethoscopes are recognized as advanced diagnostic tools. While buying a stethoscope, various points are taken into consideration.
In this article, I mention all the important points that will help you decide which Littmann stethoscope model is best suitable for you.
- Littmann Stethoscopes Review
- Littmann Electronic 3100 Stethoscope
- Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope
- Littmann Cardiology S.T.C. Stethoscope
- Littmann Cardiology IV Stethoscope
- Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope
- Littmann Master Classic II Stethoscope
- Littmann Classic III Stethoscope
- Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethoscope
- Littmann Classic II Pediatric and Infant Stethoscope
- Littmann Select
- Littmann Stethoscopes Pros & Cons
Many companies make stethoscopes, but the different features offered by the Littmann Stethoscopes make it unique.
Earlier, the stethoscopes had dual membrane at chest pieces, out of which one was called bell (small diameter) and another was called diaphragm (large diameter). The function of both of these membranes was different. But this design changed after the Littmann brand came into existence. The stethoscopes made by the Littmann brand have a membrane of dual-frequency on both sides of its chest piece. This innovation is very helpful for the medical practitioner to diagnose the patients.
Littmann Electronic 3100 Stethoscope
- The acoustic performance of this stethoscope is the same as that of its superior 3200 model.
- It offers 24x magnification and an 85% reduction in the noise created by disturbing background elements.
- It is suitable for those who do not have to record and share their findings, as there is no recording system in this stethoscope.
- This stethoscope offers exceptional performance and one of the best technology.
Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope
- This cardiology model of stethoscope has diaphragms of dual-frequency, which are tunable, and dual-lumen tubing.
- It has two sound conduits, which are parallel, and they help in noise reduction. The ear tips have soft sealing, and it ensures a comfortable fit.
- The performance of this stethoscope is amazing and is the best Littmann acoustic stethoscope. It also has a time-saving feature, which is useful for both the medical professional and the patient.
- The chest piece is made of stainless steel, and light pressure is enough to listen to low-frequency sounds, and a little more pressure is required to hear sounds of higher frequency.
Littmann Cardiology S.T.C. Stethoscope
- It is considered an easy and identical model of Master Cardiology stethoscope, and most of its features are identical.
- This stethoscope has a chest piece made of plastic that makes it easier to use and handle.
- This stethoscope has a good grip and helps reduce unnecessary sounds.
- This stethoscope is perfect for those, who want a good grip, and are ready to lose some acoustic performance.
Littmann Cardiology IV Stethoscope
- This is one of the most reliable and advanced classic stethoscopes in the world.
- There is the availability of chest pieces on both sides in this stethoscope.
- It is suitable for pediatric as well as an adult use.
- This stethoscope has improved acoustic performance, which helps to get sounds of high frequency.
- Both the diaphragms present in this stethoscope are tunable with double lumen tubing that reduces noise.
Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope
- It has a dual chest piece and is appropriate for use on adults and pediatrics.
- There are tunable diaphragms with dual-frequency.
- The dual-lumen tubing present in this stethoscope helps to reduce noise.
- It is a combination of versatility and good acoustic performance, that too at a reasonable price.
Littmann Master Classic II Stethoscope
- This is a cost-friendly and simpler model of the Master Cardiology stethoscope. The design is similar to the Master Cardiology stethoscope.
- The performance of this stethoscope is amazing.
- The chest piece of this stethoscope is single-sided, and it is made for adult use.
- It has dual frequency diaphragms.
Littmann Classic III Stethoscope
- This is an iconic and versatile model designed for usage in both adults and pediatrics. The tubing is latex-free.
- The acoustic performance provided is good.
- The tunable diaphragms are found on both sides of the chest piece. This model of the stethoscope is perfect for small or thin patients.
- The side for pediatric use provided in the chest piece of this stethoscope can be transformed into an open bell. To get the pediatric side converted into an open bell, remove the single-piece diaphragm and replace it with a nonchill rim.
Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethoscope
- This is the cheapest and easiest stethoscope to use in the Littmann range.
- This model of the Littmann brand is selected by many practitioners and students as a starting stethoscope.
- It has a chest piece, which also has an open bell.
- There is a single, double frequency tunable diaphragm attached on the larger side of this stethoscope.
Littmann Classic II Pediatric and Infant Stethoscope
- It is similar to the Classic II stethoscope model, but the only difference is that it has a smaller chest piece. It is specially designed for small patients.
- The diameter of the chest piece of the Pediatric stethoscope is 1 inch, and the diameter of the chest piece of the Infant Stethoscope is 0.75 inches.
- The use of a Pediatric stethoscope is limited to children of 12 years of age, and an Infant stethoscope is used to diagnose neonates.
- This stethoscope is useful for hearing heart rate, lung sounds, and other body sounds.
- It is convenient for use in training and is a good option for freshers while learning. It is lightweight and has a durable design.
- A chest piece on one side is provided in this stethoscope.
- Like other Littmann models, it also constitutes diaphragms with dual-frequency. Sounds of different frequencies can be heard on this stethoscope by just adjusting the applied pressure.
- The chest piece is made of plastic. Hence its durability is less.
- It can be adjusted as per the head size by adjusting the ear tubes. This stethoscope provides a comfortable fit.
Littmann Stethoscopes Pros & Cons
- They have dual-head models, and most of them are suitable for adults and pediatrics.
- The stethoscopes of the Littmann brand have tunable diaphragms and better tubing.
- The acoustic performance of most of these stethoscopes is great for diagnosis.
- The price of some models like Littmann Classic III is pocket-friendly and is most famous among medical students.
- The tubing provided in these stethoscopes is resilient, and it helps to increase the durability of the stethoscopes.
- The stethoscopes designed for infants and pediatrics have an open bell and single lumen tubing. The diameter of the chest piece of these stethoscopes is comparatively less.
- The tubing of Littmann stethoscopes is very flexible.
- The ear tubes offered in these stethoscopes are symmetrical, and it helps to diagnosis comfortably.
- The stethoscopes of the Littmann brand are adjustable. The headset length is adjustable and can be increased or decreased by squeezing and pulling the ear tubes.
- The materials used in the construction of these stethoscopes are of high quality and stain-resistant.
- The tubing of the Littmann stethoscopes is latex-free, and hence they are safe for students and patients.
- A global warranty of a long duration is provided to all Littmann stethoscopes.
- These stethoscopes are present in various colors and different finishes.
- The chest piece of some models is made of plastic. Hence their durability gets reduced. Other than this, there is no other con of these stethoscopes.
The Littmann Stethoscopes are made up of high-quality material, and this makes them durable for many years. It won’t be unusual if the stethoscopes last for 15 to 20 years. Every model of the stethoscopes has its own specific features, which differentiates it from one another. Many designs of stethoscopes are available, and one can choose according to their requirements. The Littmann brand offers stethoscopes for freshers, as well as for professionals. A different range of stethoscopes is made available for infants and pediatrics. Overall, the best range of stethoscopes is offered by the Littmann Stethoscopes. The Littmann brand is very famous among doctors and other medical professionals.
Hey, This is Edna Harlow here, I’m a full time nurse and part time blogger. I specialize in health and wellness topics so that’s why I started this blog. At Columbia University I earned my master’s degree and currently work at UCHealth.
At Stethoscopesguides.com, you will get detailed information about various types of Stethoscope available in the market. I gonna review the most popular brands and their models in this blog. If you want me to review any particular Stethoscope for yourself then feel free to contact me using this contact form.
Suggestions and Comments are always welcome..
- Top 10 Affordable Stethoscopes for Medical Students
- Best Electronic Stethoscopes 2022
- Littmann Stethoscopes Review
- Littmann Cardiology III Review
- MDF Stethoscopes Review
- Littmann Classic III Stethoscope Review
- Littmann Classic II S.E. Review 2022
- How to Use a Stethoscope? [Step by Step Guide]
- 4 Step Guide on How To Clean a Stethoscope?
www.Stethoscopesguides.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com